How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Fort Myers smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your security system as it links your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into one united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface places you in total charge of your Fort Myers home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and explore tips to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Fort Myers?
Wirelessly linking to components through radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You may disarm or arm your system, operate lights, set the temperature, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you may even chat with whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular functionality and a backup battery for added reliability. It also gives you complete remote access and control via the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- View current or saved footage from all connected surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Fort Myers by programming schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically every night at a specified time. Or, you can add rules like having your entrances unlock whenever the smoke detector trips.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just adhere to these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay means you will remain in the home and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and each sensor in the home will engage.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and enter your PIN.
The Smart Hub will post a notification if something is stopping the system from arming. For example, an open window or door will urge you to act. It’s worth noting that you may still arm your home’s security by using the instructions above. You will then confirm you would like to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Fort Myers
Even though multiple users can be entered when you first get your system, you will probably want to add an additional user in the future. Here’s how you can.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote access, choose email or phone and enter the details to dispatch an request.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, just go to the menu, press users, choose the user you wish to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s security and automation via an intuitive touchscreen panel? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Fort Myers security system. Call (239) 326-6141 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.