Ways to cut down on false alarms in Fort Myers
False alarms can be a real issue for home security systems. They not only erode the faith you have in your alarms, but they might even be costly and time-consuming. Fortunately, you are able to do a number of things to reduce false alarms from your Fort Myers security system.
To begin, ensure that everything is set up properly. This might seem like a no-brainer, but it’s common that basic mistakes trigger false alarms. Secondly, keep an eye on likely causes of false alarms, including entry points that might be kept open by accident. And of course, you should try to incorporate the various options like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Fort Myers.
Is it really that simple? Read on and see for yourself.
Can you avoid false alarms in Fort Myers?
When figuring out any issue, the initial step is to review the manual. Be certain that all your components are installed correctly on your end by:
- Running a diagnostic via your smart hub touchscreen.
- Manually check each device to ensure it didn't become dislodged or need a new battery.
- Look over your schedules and presets to make sure that your system isn’t activating at inappropriate times.
- Make sure all integrated smart devices are configured correctly and aren't disrupting your home’s alarm.
Call your service representative if you continue to have issues cutting down false alarms in your Fort Myers home. They'll gladly send out a tech to check your equipment.
Inspect your doors and windows
In the event your configuration appears to be installed properly, the ensuing course of action is to do an investigation of your residence. Are your windows and doors closed tightly, or do you find some accidentally open? If an access point stays unlatched, it might activate an activated sensor. If your family routinely forgets to close a door, you might want to install a smart locking system that locks automatically when the alarm is engaged. Regrettably, windows take extra physical effort, particularly if you have a loved one who prefers to sleep with an open window. Fortunately, your Vivint home security system makes it simple to deactivate that alarm while still guarding the remaining areas of the residence.
Smart home automation is an effective method to cut down on false alarms in Fort Myers
One of the smartest techniques to reduce the likelihood of false alarms is to integrate home automation into your alarm system. By using your mobile security app, you can:
- Set a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re in the house and avert false alarms caused by accidentally unlocking an entry point. Then have your alarm system reactivate automatically again that evening as you start your bedtime routine.
- Have your system deactivate whenever your smart lock is initiated with the proper number combination.
- Use geotracking to turn on your alarm as you leave the premises, then turn off when you arrive home for the day.
- Receive smartphone updates when your devices detect unusual motion or have need of a new battery.
- Link your system to Alexa or Google Home, so you are able to operate your system without the cell phone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Fort Myers with a Vivint smart home system
Increased control over your home security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To build your Vivint security package, call (239) 326-6141 or submit the form below.